My Photo
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States

Friday, July 14, 2006

War and rumors of war...

have dominated our lives here in Israel the past few days. As long as the hostilities were focused in Gaza we felt far removed from the conflict in our northern location. Things have certainly changed! We've been relocated to Tiberias the past two days. We returned to our former hotel long enough this morning to pack all our things and get out. So we've been making do at a seaside hotel with great food and a not so bad view...

Today was supposed to have been the last day on the dig, but things did not turn out the way they were planned. Before I left on the trip I replied to Erin's concern about my safety with a flippant, "What's the worst that could happen?" This may be one of those times when I have to eat my words!

But there is great comfort for those of us who believe. We are in the Father's hands. I made that decision a long time ago to trust my life to Him. I believe He will take care of me. But if even the worst does happen from a merely human/physical standpoint, I know that still I will be taken care of. Even if the worst happens I will be ok!(Please don't read too much into these comments. I don't expect anything bad to happen--but the truth is no one knows what the future holds.)

Tomorrow we're off to Bet She'an and Jerusalem. We'll be leaving to come home Sunday night at 11:30pm Israeli time. I arrive in Atlanta Monday at 6am.

Please pray for one of our team members who is flying out early tomorrow. Elise will be returning to Australia, but first must get to Amman, Jordan. I'm sure she would appreciate your prayers. Due to connecting issues and a couple day layover in Ammon she won't get home until Thursday!

Trusting the Good Shepherd!


For Meg and Laura

Last view of Tel Hatzor